Before 1352 , according to Coral Cuadradas thesis on Maresme, there are indications of an initial chapel at the foot of the central tower.
Yet it wasn’t until 1402 that Pope Benedict XIII authorized mass in the newly built chapel with an altar dedicated to the Holy Trinity and Conception. This chapel has been conserved to this day and in XVI century it held an ecclesiastical blessing which was founded by the Diocesis de Vic presbytery, inherited by Ramon Copons after Josep Copons presented his candidature to the Archbishop of Barcelona as beneficiary of the Holy Trinity and the Saints Miquel and Anna altar.
The chapel was restored in 1680 ,as the documents on expenses state in february march of that year, the first document mentioning the altarpiece of the conception made out of wood and polychromatic plaster , according to Benet Olivia.
The landscape that framed the Tower and the old chapel, both protected by ramparts, with the surrounding hills and land that descends to the sea as a backdrop, can still be appreciated to this day, as we walk through the hillside and ascend to the front façade of the Castle. Behind the wooden door, on the left entering the courtyard, the chapel awaits us.